Head to Penn Meadows Park on Friday morning June 24 to deck out your wheels and celebrate being exactly who you are at the Freedom Roll.
The five Ws
- Who: All ages are welcome, but intended for children from birth to elementary school.
- What: Come decorate your bikes, blades, strollers, carts, wheelbarrows, wheelchairs and anything that rolls. North Liberty Community Center staff will have colorful bike spokes, streamers, stickers, pennants and more to help you customize your wheels.
- Where: Penn Meadows Park Pavilion, 310 N Dubuque St.
- When: Decorating begins at 9 a.m., followed by a group parade throughout the park to show off your creations. Then stick around to dance and sing at a children’s concert with Little Miss Ann at 10:30am.
- Why: There has never been someone quite like you in the world, so let’s celebrate the one and only you!
What to bring
- Bikes, paddles, carts, wheelbarrows, wheelchairs and anything that rolls to decorate the Freedom Roll at 9 a.m. Decorations will be provided, while stocks last, but feel free to bring your own too.
- Lawn chairs and blankets to relax while enjoying the Little Miss Ann show.
- Snacks, water, sunscreen and anything else your group might need.
How to get there
- Penn Meadows Park is located at 310 N Dubuque St.
- Forget the car and walk, cycle or rollerblade to the show!
You might also be wondering
- Penn Meadows Park has permanent restrooms on site.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vaping, and other electronic smoking devices is prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails, and public recreation areas.
- Since this event is taking place outdoors, there is no additional COVID mitigation.
stay in the loop
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be moved inside the recreation center gymnasium. Follow the facebook event for updates.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty and North Liberty Library on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the city by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations at our events for people with disabilities. For accommodation, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More fun on the town slate
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of the largest, free events produced by the City of North Liberty, with over 40 events scheduled for 2022. The year-long program of events is made possible by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Inc, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, and Veridian Credit Union. Explore the calendar at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.